Whether in the form of e-sports, game based learning or virtual reality: new technologies are changing the cultural technique of playing and making games a central element in an increasingly digitalized society. Only a few years ago, the young scientific discipline of game studies began to establish itself due to this development. Although the importance and reputation of game studies continues to grow, there are hardly any continuing education courses worldwide that allow a rapid lateral entry into the subject. The course "Game Studies" fills this gap.
The university course is dedicated to questions about the theory, design and social significance of games and thus provides a practical and academically sound approach to the world of game science.
The aim of the course is the acquisition of scientific research, action and decision-making competence on the basis of the communication of information technology, design science, psychological and sociological findings with special consideration of game theory, media science and pedagogical perspectives.
The university course is part-time and open to students from abroad. However, the management of the Center recommends the possibility of attendance studies. Seminars with top-class lecturers as well as the possibility of the exchange between the students promote the network formation.
- Professionalists with a professional interest in the subject of computer games, in particular employees of extracurricular children's and youth institutions and teachers of all types of schools
- Persons involved in the development or production of multimedia teaching and learning opportunities
- Persons in the strategic management of companies in the computer games or media industry
- Persons in university or non-university computer game or media research
- IT-Consultants, Journalists, as well as Marketing Managers of companies, who would like to use games and new media in advertising more often